Going Green doesn’t have to mean going poor. Labour’s five step plan to reduce costs, secure energy supplies and invest in new skills and jobs paves the way to a greener, fairer future.
Labour is committed to:
- Freezing energy bills – so you won’t pay more – with a windfall tax on oil and gas giants.
- Keeping bills down long term – by insulating 19 million homes as part of our national mission of clean power by 2030.
- Securing energy independence – by establishing GB Energy, a new publicly owned company, so the country cant be held to ransom by dictators like Putin.
- Creating one million new jobs – including for plumbers, electricians, engineers and technicians across Britain as Labour invests in new green industries.
- Safeguarding nature and our chidren’s future – with a Clean Air Act and cracking down on water companies who dump sewage in our rivers and seas.
You can read more here.